I was just flipping through my usual list of blogs, sipping tea and listening to the kids settle down when i came across this meme. Actually, I came across it repeatedly. Martina had a good idea and so I'm going to borrow it and pass it on.
Here are THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”
So, here you are, 6 Weird Things About Me
6. I have a compulsion to pick zits. I own a blackhead remover and never go a day without checking and removing. Sick huh? Drives DH and the Kids insane, because I can't resist squeezing that pimple or opening that clogged pore. I think that a related compulsion is the need to make sure that every single pinfeather has been extracted from the skin of any bird I may be cooking. I never eat the skin and it grosses me out that people do, but I try not to say anything.
5. Patterns must match. When I was 6 months pregnant with #1 Son, my Dad helped me to hang wallpaper in the kitchen of our townhouse. It only went partway up the wall and had a border along the top to mimic a chair rail. Somehow we missed the pattern repeat. We did it consistently in the same spot all the way around the kitchen and no one but me ever noticed and admitted it but it drove me freaking insane!
4. My favourite ice cream topping is Meagher's green Creme de Menthe.
It is minty and fresh and perfect on creamy vanilla. I also give it to my kids and tell them it's cough syrup. Worked for my mom! No kidding. I thought it was cough syrup until I was like 12.
3. I will not write with a medium point pen. In fact, I will search and test and try until I find just the right pen. It needs to have a relatively large barrel and a fine or very fine point. Don't even talk to me about markers. I will write in blue, black, or purple. Red is only for marking. Green, turquoise, pink etc. are for little girls.
2. I do not understand "scrapbooking". Hey, I'm all for the crafts - beading, soapmaking, candle pouring, cake decorating.... I don't do any of that kind of thing but I understand the why and the how and the desire. Honestly, I can't get around to slipping the prints into those sleeves let alone designing a theme page much less a whole album full of die cuts and letters and cute little doodads. I admire people who do, but I just don't get the whole scrapbooking thing.... If you do and you can explain it with very short words and simple sentences then by all means give it a go in the comments.
1. I prefer the company of one or two friends at a time. Even when I was in my 20's going out with a large group was somewhat unnerving to me. In those situations I become a wall-flower and withdraw. Those of you who have met me in person will question this because normally I can talk and laugh and have a great time. If you were to stop and think though, you would see that only happens when there are 2 or 3 of us... In fact, if you and I have made plans and you bring along someone else without letting me know in advance, particularly someone I don't know, I will probably find a way to cut the time short. It must be my own insecurity that says if I can plan to spend some time with you, why do you need to include someone other than me? I don't get pouty, and I don't hold a grudge about it, but it makes me so very uncomfortable at the time.
There you have it, 6 Weird Things about me. It was hard to think of. If you decide to give it a try then please leave me a comment so that I can go learn something weird about you. And by all means, feel free to comment on my weirdness, particularly if you share it!