Updates added Thursday, January 23.
1. Car is at the body shop. They haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe next week. If they have time. I guess. Unless something happens. Or not. Apparently, there is a 2 - 3 week delay for ESTIMMATES in Calgary right now. We're coming up on 2 weeks now, so I expect it to be another 2 before we hear anything.
2. Have heard nothing from insurance. Interestingly, Fuckhead is insured through the SAME company. Puts them in a bit of a spot doesn't it. I spoke with an insurance adjuster. Apparently the other driver has yet to file a claim. I think that's interesting since he had to walk back a block to pick up his wheel from the middle of the road after he had knocked it off of his own car. Most likely he plans to fix it himself (which brings up some frightening safety issues) and so didn't phone his insurance company. He'll be getting a call from them now though. They need his statement, and admission of guilt. Assuming that he continues to be honest and admits that the accident was his fault then his liability insurance will cover the cost of a rental car for me for however long it takes to get mine back. If he doesn't, then insurance also has the police file number and the fact that he was ticketed on scene will establish his fault. It's important because I don't have loss of use coverage myself. Lesson number 2 of this ordeal: Get "Loss of Use" coverage included on your auto insurance. I hope he's a decent guy and just sucks it up when they call.
3. I saw my chiropractor late last week. I had been having lots of headaches and was in quite constant back pain. He's been my go-to-guy for 13 years and I have a great deal of accumulated trust. His diagnosis was "level 2 soft tissue injury" which is a fancy way of saying "whiplash". Apparently when you get hit from the side your torso gets whipped around pretty aggressively. All of the shifting and rebounding happens very very fast and you're not really aware of it. It can take a day or two before the pain settles in. I have filed a medical claim with insurance. There is a no-fault clause which will cover 21 chiropractic/massage therapy treatments. I have 4
sado-masochistic sessions therapeutic massages booked within the next 2 weeks and another chiropractic assessment at the end of that. Massage and chiropractic will contine with intensity over the next 12 weeks. Oh joy. I have had one massage and another booked for tonight. When I lay down it feels like I am sleeping with a tennis ball under my right shoulder blade.
4. Several very caring friends are concerned that my chiropractic evaluation won't be enough documentation should conflict arise with the insurance company. They have nagged me into seeing my medical doctor. My expectation is that he will offer me muscle relaxants (no thanks) and suggest I see a chiropractor or go for massage (see #3). I saw a medical doctor Thurs. Jan 23. Guess what? She examined me, told me that she agrees with the assessment my chiropractor made, asked if I would like a prescription for an anti-inflammatory or for a muscle relaxant, recommended I go for massage therapy, and commented that because I am such an athlete (If you know me, you are laughing hysterically right now) I will recover fairly quickly. LMAO! I'm telling you this yoga/tai chi/ pilates rocks!
5. I am also very busy at work right now. It's the end of semester, the pile of marking is significant, there are mid-term exams, then there are report cards and individual program plans to write. All while leaving early to go for
torture massage therapy. I am blogging while supervising the last exam. I am not going to blog about it. Let's just say that gifts of alcohol would be welcome.
6. My oldest continues to fail grade 7. I am at a complete loss there. So much harder when you love them. I now know exactly how parents feel when I call them. Crappy. We're working with him.
7. I have finished the body and one sleeve of the Mr. Greenjeans cardigan which you have never seen. I am using Manos del Uruguay worsted (which is a thick and thin single ply yarn that averages out to an aran weight.) The colourway is called "Lava". It's mostly black with shades of reds, shades of browns, and the occaisional bits of greys. I am knitting a size smaller on needles a size larger. It seems to be working out just fine. Today I picked up the stitches for the second sleeve. I started a new ball for that, there is about half a ball still attached to the first sleeve and I have another whole ball besides. I may decide to make the sleeves full length rather than 3/4 since I think I'll have plenty of yarn. My plan is to knit the second sleeve to match the first, then do the band and decide if I want longer sleeves at the end. On the chance that I end up with significant yarn left over, I think it would make a gorgeous cabled hat, or could be paired with another lone skein of Manos in a different colourway for a scarf. I have managed about 10 rounds on the second sleeve since I blogged this. 700 piddly stitches. So close to finished and yet so frustratingly delayed.
8. It's 11pm. Please forgive me for not including any links today. I will try to get some decent pics of the cardi for you next week. Blessings be.